Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Support function for front office and finance. Deal lifecycle, checking systems entered conrrectly Settling invoices and paying counterparties Processing incoming payments Chasing late payments
VBA on Excel, Basic SQL, knowledge of commodity industry, developed analysis, team communication, working in an office.
The responsibility was earned over time in the role, by the end of the placement you were entrusted to do as much/ if not more than full-time employees.
Support & Guidance
From within the team there was a lot of support and people to ask and answer questions. However, there werent any previous placements or grads to speak to about general day-to-day life. Also, very little help from outside the team for support and guidance until the last few weeks.
Very relaxed and laid-back company. Positive environment to work in, felt very inclusive and welcomed all new members.
Yes had a very enjoyable time, and picked up new skills, met some new friends, all whilst getting paid and doing an enjoyable job.
Consider not living in Swindon, a lot of nicer areas around, if youre willing to drive a bit into work. Try to find some social activities outside of work, like joining sports teams, so your weekends are filled. Make the most of all opportunities they provide you from training to events/lunches.
Placement (10 Months+)