Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
- Provide daily independent performance commentary to the Board, offering insights into the Biofuels trading desk's operations, profit and loss, and trading strategies. - Ensure rigorous risk control and performance measurement practices, playing a pivotal role in maintaining the desk's financial health. - Identify and communicate potential operational, credit, and liquidity risks to the Front Office, enabling informed decision-making and risk mitigation. - Enhanced the onboarding process for new team members by creating training exercises that simulate daily procedures, fostering a better understanding of commodity trading dynamics.
IT - Developed Advanced Excel, VBA and Microstrategy skills. In addition used industry specific software such as Endur. Presentation - Gave fortnightly and monthly updates on the trading desks performance to the head of Risk and to other departments. Analytical - Developed an understanding of the factors that drove daily changes in market prices and how this impacted P&L for the desk.
Daily reporting on Biofuels desk performance, this report would be sent directly to the board in order to be scrutinised. Tasked with improving existing systems and processes to ensure Risk department was able to perform and successfully mitigate old and new risks when making business decisions or developing a trading strategy. Tasked with improving the onboarding process to ensure my successor was able to take over my position without impacting the team.
Support & Guidance
Was immediately tasked with reporting the Desk daily P&L with limited support. This led to multiple published errors and missed deadlines at the start. I raised this and has now been resolved.
Fantastic company culture, was able to work with various departments as well as used HR schemes where I could meet individuals from various parts of the company as well as those in other RWE subsidiary's. A highlight was meeting the head of Structuring and Valuation. I was also able to participate in company 5/7 a side football twice a week as well as play in company golf/cricket tournaments.
Fantastic opportunity which I would recommend to everyone
Maximsie your opportunities at the beginning by speaking to everyone as early as possible and asking them to teach you about their commodity and departments processes.
Placement (10 Months+)
Insurance & Risk Management