Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Daily reporting of the trading desk's P&L and the fundamentals behind it. Calculating risk measures and ensuring the traders stay within the limits set on these measures. Creating summaries of what is going on in the different energy markets. Working on various projects - could be creating models to testing reports.
I have developed my programming skills by honing my python ability and learning how to use VBA. My presentation skills have improved massively and my communication and confidence have definitely improved too.
Yes - this was one of the best aspects of this placement. You are treated as any other member of the team and have opportunities to actually lead projects. You are trusted to present to senior members of the organisation too so you get great exposure.
Support & Guidance
There was a lot of support and guidance put in place. We had two weeks with the placement student we were taking over from where they train you full time. We were also given a mentor to speak to if we were having any problems that didn't necessarily have to be about work. We had monthly 1:1 with the line manager to help support us with work load and priorities.
Great, especially as Covid died down. The company is quite chilled out compared to other trading companies. There was lots of offsites and team events arranged. too.
Really enjoyed it. Learnt so much and met lots of industry professionals.
Show your personality and your willingness to learn. You don't need to know a lot about trading or the energy market as you will be taught it all but show that you have a great interest in it.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Economics, Banking/Finance, Energy, Mathematics/Statistics