Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Quantified the risk of Front Office strategies by analysing market fundamentals, position changes and the associated Profit and Loss via a daily market risk report and communicated key developments in a fortnightly presentation to the Chief Risk Officer. Monitored and performed periodic evaluative testing of existing risk metrics to assess suitability for daily reporting.
Gained robust knowledge of risk controlling methodologies and understanding of the foundations of commodity trading and European Gas markets. Gained a proficiency in Excel VBA coding and python language as well as company specific databases.
Throughout the course of my placement year, the team gave me a lot of responsibility and trusted me to deliver on them from early on. This trust in my abilities enabled me to confidently take the lead in certain projects, whilst also being supported when needed.
Support & Guidance
From my first day, I felt very supported by my team and everyone was very open to answer any questions I had or to provide any assistance I needed, especially at the beginning of my time there. Even beyond my team, the company has an open door policy where you can shadow anyone or have a coffee with them regardless of how senior they are in the company which was very valuable as a placement student to learn and build an understanding of wider company activities.
RWEST values itself on its supportive and collaborative work culture and throughout the course of my placement, I experienced firsthand that this not only resoundingly true but the company’s stance to cultivate trust, respect and teamwork amongst colleagues has established an environment that any placement student looking to learn would thrive in. My team especially were incredibly supportive, fun to be around and really made me excited to come into work everyday. There are also many graduates that are similar age that work in the same office so it can be very social.
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement and would recommend RWE to anyone that is looking for an insight into the commercial world in a friendly and supportive company.
Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way and talk to as many people as you can. You are in the presence of multiple industry experts that are open to helping you and answering any questions you have.
Placement (10 Months+)
Economics, Financial Management, Insurance & Risk Management