Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Managing Commodity trading risk as part of a team, with focus on the European Gas trading desk. Daily activities included reporting trading profit and loss, managing trading limits, understanding and analysing trading strategies, and risk systems management. Periodical presentations were given to senior stakeholders based on these processes.
Developed a range of risk management skills in a short period of time, with little prior knowledge. I improved my excel, python and presenting skills as well as professional/networking skills. I learned how to use new software such as Endur, Microstrategy and VBA.
Treated as a professional employee from day one. As a placement student in Risk you are treated as a full time employee, and given the responsibility that comes with the role. This was essential to my development into a professional employee and made me feel valued at the company.
Support & Guidance
The culture at RWE encouraged on the job learning. I was never afraid to ask colleagues for help, whilst being given enough independence to make mistakes and learn from them. There was plentiful access to training courses and a wealth of experienced staff to provide guidance on all topics.
The culture at RWE provided a comfortable working environment with a strong emphasis on work life balance, whilst also encouraging challenge and responsibility. The company is inclusive and diverse, with employees from all backgrounds.
This placement was invaluable in my professional development. RWE provided a strong introduction to the corporate environment, in a fascinating sector. I was given ample responsibility from day one, whilst maintaining a strong work life balance. I would highly recommend this placement to students.
I would reccomend researching the company and sectors in which you can work. Gain an understanding of the commodities industry and why you would like to be a part of it. Be yourself in interviews and understand that a placement is two way relationship. What can you provide RWE and what can RWE provide you with?
Placement (10 Months+)
Insurance & Risk Management