Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Involved in the validation and processing of invoices related to the UK physical gas and power markets. Settlement of contracts relating to the RWE main fleet. Apportionment and management of cash flows for RWE's Complex Supply License in the UK.
Built upon workplace skills learnt during part time work in a professional environment. Learnt new skills such as excel, and built upon my technical knowledge of the UK's gas and power sector.
During the placement I was given a lot of responsibility. This included but not limited to the ability to lead change in the form of projects, and process improvements. Train new starters and team trainings, network with people around the business. Overall I was given the same amount of responsibilities as a full time employee and valued as such.
Support & Guidance
Throughout the placement I was always supported whenever needed. There were always members of the team open to ask questions and help with tasks at hand. This included my line manager who would always take my ideas onboard and help me bring them to life.
At RWE Supply & Trading everyone was very friendly and approachable making networking easy to do. This was not limited to just my team or department but the business as a whole. The environment was professional and supportive. Everyone was inclusive of me as a placement student.
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. Including the work and challenges presented to me, the employees at the company, and the social side. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in conducting a placement in the energy sector or trading.
The placement program at RWE Supply & Trading is what you make it, so make the most of the opportunity!
Placement (10 Months+)