Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
I worked within Back Office services, a team tasked with managing background data-management services. I was tasked with ensuring company data was accurate and entered across all trading systems in a timely manner, as well ad solving issues to do with deal automation as and when they arose.
I learnt how to communicate effectively and work across different teams. Time management and data processing are also skills one can develop whilst on the job; particular emphasis is placed on meticulous work allowing one to form a greater grasp of working without errors as well as spotting these errors from time to time.
I was given a lot of responsibility, from working on projects that impacted the company, to enduring data on live trades was accurate and all automated processes were running efficiently.
Support & Guidance
I received basic training during my first week from my team but was also designated a buddy whom I could shadow and raise any questions I had to. The company also provided training sessions in other aspects of the business that I was able to sign up for which I found particularly helpful
The company culture is very relaxed and is very much a flat hierarchy. I felt as comfortable approaching senior members of staff as my fellow colleagues. RWEST also does a very good job of providing a stable and effective work-life balance and I never felt overworked or ignored during my time there; that’s not to say you won’t be challenged of course
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. I was given every opportunity to take advantage of the knowledge available to me at such a firm, I was also able to focus on areas of interest beyond the remit of my designated team and the company was very flexible in allowing me to pursue my interests. It’s a very friendly and supportive atmosphere and I think anyone would enjoy working for RWEST
Make sure to show an interest not just in the role you’re applying for but also the company in general. Whilst it is of course important to sell yourself, it is also important to illustrate your passion for the energy sector and RWEST in particular. Focus on what distinguishes them from their peers and why the values of the company resonate/appeal to you
Placement (10 Months+)