Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Most of our daily tasks within the team involves the validation and processing of invoices relating to the UK's physical gas and power markets. Alongside this is the apportionment and management of cash flows for RWE's Complex Supply License in the UK. We also receive trade amendment and cancellation requests from Front Office which we have to deal with in a timely manner.
Throughout my placement year, I have built on my soft skills used within a professional environment such as communication, decision making and time management. From courses I have attended and the tasks I have worked on, my excel skills have progressed since joining the company. Working within the energy industry for over a year has meant I have built upon my technical and commercial knowledge of the UK's energy markets.
Over the duration of my placement year, I have been given a lot of responsibility. This includes training new starters, delivering presentations and improving various processes. The responsibilities I was given matched those of a full time employee and I felt valued as one as well. As a result, these responsibilities made me feel trusted to deliver on my tasks while building up to more complex pieces of work.
Support & Guidance
Throughout my placement year I always felt supported and always felt that if I needed any help or guidance there was someone I could go to. Everyone within my team and the wider company were more than happy for me to ask questions or help with tasks. My line manager made me feel welcomed from my first day, this made me feel immediately comfortable in the team and allowed me to integrate into the company with ease.
The company culture at RWE Supply & Trading was one of the main things that made my placement year so special. Everyone was so approachable, friendly and always willing to help or answer any questions. This was across the whole company and not just within my team/department. Consequently, this culture made it a great place to start my working career and made networking feel more natural. As a placement student I always felt included!
I speak very highly about my placement year at RWE Supply & Trading and would recommend it to anyone looking to do a year in industry within the energy sector. The team I was a part of, the work I have been involved in, the employees at the company and the social events I have attended over the year have all been huge highlights for me. After University, I hope to return to this company!
A couple bits of advice I would give to others joining RWE Supply & Trading would to be to make sure to take every opportunity given to you throughout the placement year and also to utilise the knowledge from industry experts within the company.
Placement (10 Months+)