Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
Creating digital courses using Articulate 360 products. Creating/edited imaging and videos for courses and other training assets. Creating weekly reports on how many people complete digital training courses. Working with managers internationally to translate courses. Managing LMS system.
New skills learned: - Video editing - Photoshop New skills developed: - Basic programming languages (HTML, PHP, CSS)
Was given responsibility for the course launches for large product launches. Allowed creative freedom (within brand guidelines). These were then checked by the manager, branding and a product manager.
Support & Guidance
There is a lot of support available, the teams are very friendly and happy to help. HR is also very helpful if any issues occur.
Very friendly. No issues occured. While there are deadlines, everyone is willing to help to provide help if needed.
I really enjoyed my placement. If possible I would go back to working for the company. While my placement was mainly virtual because of covid, they provided opportunities to attend training and events.
For the interview, prepare for questions such as 'do you have an eye for detail?' and 'can you spot this mistake in the example digital course'.
Placement Year (10 Months+)