Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
Work with HTAS Product marketing team to make data processes more agile and efficient. Assist in data migration across PIM/CMS systems for best in class brands. Analyse and manipulate large data sets to provide business insights. Communicate complex analytical topics in a clean and simple way with EPMs (European product managers) and cross-functional stakeholders. Provide data, clean data and ensure the content data is being utilised on e-commerce channels.
I have a deeper understanding of the industry and how to manipulate large data sets. My excel skills have strengthened and I am now experienced in other platforms like SAP, Qlickview, PowerBI and more. I have been able to implement a process using VBA and excel to make a process more efficient for my team, from training I have received and learnt on Focus fridays and under the buddy scheme. My communication has improved to a great extent, since I am now responsible to confidently present and take control of monthly EPM and GCX meetings.
Yes! Although I am an Intern I have been given great responsibility and am a valued member of my team. I not only lead important monthly EPM meetings but take on tasks and projects, where I will be given a vital role.
Support & Guidance
I have been given a lot of support and guidance from not only my managers and my team, but also from my buddy (who i have weekly informal sessions with, where we go through any challenges or new skills i want to develop). In addition, all employees from HR to everyone I have worked with in various departments are eager to help and support me, if i have any doubts or questions.
Since my placement was during Covid restrictions, I was unable to go into the office and work face to face. However, we were given many opportunities like on site training days (where interns were called in to use various tools and had group building exercises) and Christmas dinner, where i was able to meet the wider team. Additionally, calls such as the QBR, MS review and Christmas calls allowed the whole HTAS team to mingle. We also have a weekly marketing team calls where we discuss not only work for the week but also have some informal chats.
This placement year has been incredible! I have had great industry experience, sustained professional relationships and gained skills like communication and time/project management at a industry level, which will help me in my future jobs.
When going through the application process, not only did I have a telephone interview but I also had 3 zoom interviews with the hiring manager and manager. My advice is to be yourself and be confident in the skills you have gained from past experiences at part time jobs, volunteering to your hobbies.
Placement Year (10 Months+)