Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
The marketing insights' role consisted of monitoring market trends and pricing across all key categories, including retailer selling prices and competitor pricing. Another critical responsibility of the insight’s role is providing the brand managers with the sales tracker of each brand. This responsibility is essential as it demonstrates the performance of each brand in comparison to the previous years. I also supported the brand managers with building presentations for the sales teams across all business units.
I have developed the skills listed below: - Oral and written communication - Microsoft Excel - Delivering Presentations - Multi-tasking - Time management
During my placement I was able to get involved in a variety of projects which allowed me to complete projects in different areas within the Marketing department.
Support & Guidance
During my placement I received very good guidance and support from my manager and the HR team of the organisation. The provided all of the training as well as any guidance to any issues that I had while I was working at Stanley Black and Decker.
This was my first time working in an office-based role. The employees at Stanley Black and Decker are welcoming and really helpful. Every week my manager scheduled a call with me to check if everything is ok in terms of work.
While I was working at Stanley Black and Decker I enjoyed interacting with other employees as well learning new Marketing software's which would be beneficial for my career. I also enjoyed the creativity aspect of the role as I was able to create promotional presentations and sales presentations.
- Demonstrate how the skills and experience is relevant to the job advertised by Stanley Black and Decker. - Be natural as this would give a positive view on yourself.
Placement Year (10 Months+)