Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
I largely focus on creation of E-commerce content, ensuring the company has relevant and up to date materials and that these materials have been combined to create enhanced content for several channels used by STANLEY to sell products, the primary focus being on Amazon. Day to day I'm required to communicate with other teams in and outside of the organization to create these materials.
I began with only a basic understanding of E-commerce in terms of what it entailed and best practice, since starting my placement I have gained valuable knowledge regarding this area of Marketing.
Yes, my manager and wider team expected me to perform my duties with little oversight, however were readily available if I required assistance.
Support & Guidance
I received a lot of support throughout the entirety of the placement, my manager has been available every time I have needed help and has patiently gone through every process with me that I required.
I have had several jobs in different roles and companies, STANLEY has had the nicest company culture that I have been a part of, every employee I have met throughout my placement regardless of position has made it a friendly place of work and made it clear they are willing to help with any possible request I make.
I have enjoyed my placement immensely, my colleagues have made it a pleasant experience and the company as a whole has amde sure my placement was relevant and worthwhile.
It is best to be open and honest with your skillset and show that you are willing to learn, drive and ambition are desirable qualities. It is best if you can show your understanding of what the role requires and how previous experience may relate to this as well as you being a good cultural fit for the company.
Placement Year (10 Months+)