Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
Assisting the product team with day to day tasks that come in, often organising and setting up zoom calls for project meetings. These can be for project launches or random calls between different colleagues in other regions. You sometimes might be asked to order and/or test samples. Other jobs can includes setting up products on systems and setting up data etc.
Yes - furthered my communications skills, organisational and time management and presentations skills
Lots of responsibility as an intern. Apart of product launches for the next years with opportunities to further apart of the project.
Support & Guidance
Lots of support from my team. Weekly team and 1to1 catch-ups. Always an email away if needed guidance or assistance. Always happy to help.
COVID impacted my placement interactions here a lot. Wasn't able to socialise in the office as much. Lots of zoom events to bring everyone together, often being global meetings. Product training was the only real opportunity where I got to socialise with other interns in the office.
I enjoyed the placement but didn't feel like I had the full experience as I was working from home for a majority of the placement.
Be prepared for your interview, research the company and its history and brands. Never be afraid to ask a question, no matter how silly it might be. Always talk to the previous intern as best as you can and make sure you stay connected to the current class of interns
Placement Year (10 Months+)