Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
On a day to day basis I would be following the process of product launches which involves aspects like packaging artwork, supply chain calls with planners, looking out for new opportunities in the hand tools market and preparing for new and upcoming launches. I would be doing a lot of excel and powerpoint work.
My excel skills have definitely improved a lot over the past year, from using it on a day to day basis. I also have a much broader understanding of the process behind a product launch and how aspects like photography and packaging works.
I was given a fair amount of responsibility when working on product launches, as I would be having meetings with different regions and supply chain managers on updates on the product and how it is coming along. I was also in charge of approving the packaging artwork for a specific product.
Support & Guidance
I was given a lot of support during my placement right from the beginning, although working from home made it more difficult, I did feel that I had the right guidance. My manager was very understanding and helped me learn all sorts of aspects and was understanding I hadn't done anything like this work wise before.
The company culture was very positive and good to be working in. The team are supportive of eachother.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement at SBD and although I have been working from home the whole year so it probably hasn't been as good as it could have been, I still feel like I have learnt a lot this year and gained very useful experience.
I think SBD is such a huge organisation, I would advise to try and experience working in various different teams and categories as there is so many different aspects and would be good to experience everything.
Placement Year (10 Months+)