Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Risk are responsible for quantifying, managing and reporting risk within the trading side of the business. Day-to-day responsibilities are: • Daily reporting of profit and loss (P&L), exposure and associated risk metrics • Analysis of market movements relevant to current trading strategies • Reviews of limits and safeguards • Bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly presentations to senior management detailing trading strategies and performance • Automation of reporting processes to ensure timeliness and robustness • Regular stress testing of current trading strategies
I have developed and built upon my existing Python skills and have developed new VBA skills. I have also greatly developed my professional skills whilst in the role. This development was aided by regular feedback which was encouraging and constructive.
Yes. You are not viewed as a 'placement student'. You are given as much responsibility as you are able to handle and deliver on.
Support & Guidance
I received encouraging and constrictive feedback continuously throughout my placement which greatly aided my professional and technical development.
Flat company structure, stressful at times (especially during busy periods), friendly but driven atmosphere among most colleagues.
Greatly enjoyed it despite the limitations imposed by COVID-19 restrictions which caused much colleague-to-colleague interaction to move online. My manager's guidance and instruction really allowed me to make the most of my placement.
- Ensure you have at least a basic understanding of the RWEST's commercial activities - Follow big commodity market news stories and have a general understanding of how a trading business works - Show interest, initiative and a keenness to learn
Placement (10 Months+)