Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Clear structure of reporting on the desk's performance for the previous business day before 12 noon. Report includes P&L, position and overall risk being taken by the desk. This is the main priority for the day, once this is complete then work on relevant projects to assess and improve the current reporting methodologies.
Greatly improved my communication in a professional environment and allowed me to better give and receive feedback. Developed my technical IT skills through the software used to extract and analyse data.
I was given the same responsibilities as the other members of my team. I was never treated as a student and had the same expectations put upon me as anyone else to meet deadlines and contribute to reporting and projects.
Support & Guidance
Onboarding plan was in place for when I joined to get me up to speed and help me navigate where to find relevant learning resources. Had regular meetings with my line manager to assess my workload and provide me with feedback. My team were always contactable and available to offer advice and provide support when needed.
Covid-19 hampered the possibility of large social events or activities but the general atmosphere was always positive and welcoming in my team. Everyone seemed to know everyone within the risk department which created a good culture for working with other teams.
I really enjoyed my placement and feel as though I made the most of the opportunity. I was able to develop my skills and gain confidence in a workplace setting which is invaluable experience for future roles.
Make sure you research the company and understand the role you will be taking. There are multiple roles available on the RWEST placement scheme so make sure to understand each one to decide which will suit you most. Working in risk gives you a good insight into financial trading and global energy markets, so make sure this matches your interests.
Placement (10 Months+)