Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RWE Supply & Trading
- 7. Would you recommend RWE Supply & Trading to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RWE Supply & Trading
Days are very structured. Every morning you report on the day before's P&L which is due by 12. Then the afternoons are for development. Either learning about the role and the business at the start of your placement and then by the time you are up and running you then assigned projects that you can help with. There are at least 1/2 meetings a day as well. On teams or in the Office.
Yes, absolutely. Excel skills have improved massively. Presentation skills as well as there are presentations almost every week. Communication and confidence have improved. Communicating within a big organisation is skill that you learn and is very different to what is used at University. I've learnt how to learn. The basics are crucial for anything and this allows me to adapt to new challenges even quicker.
I was very surprised with the role. Off the get go and within the first week you are given a lot of responsibility and that only grows as the year goes on.
Support & Guidance
Every two weeks I had a meeting with my manager to discuss progress and any issues if there were any. Rarely were there problems but if there were there was always plenty of support.
Within the Risk team in Swindon the atmosphere is great. Very supportive and fun. The work is also taken very seriously so it doesn't feel like everyone is just wasting or killing time. The culture is great and there is wide range of personalities across the team.
I really enjoyed it. Learnt a lot and got pushed to improve during my year. The management in Swindon is great as there is a respect that allows flexibility within the work day. I've heard good things about the new management in London Risk team as well.
When applying to RWE Supply & Trading you are applying to a large commodity trading company. So make sure you have an interest in financial markets and trading. There are three options if you get in. Risk, Current Asset Optimisation and Back Office. Know what you want i.e I'm interesting in Trading and therefore I was gunning for Risk as they are close to the traders and interact with them on a daily basis. Tailor your assessment day presentation to what interests you (they normally give you 3 different topics to present on).
Placement (10 Months+)