Supplies Marketing Assistant at Zebra Technologies

Preston North West
Logistics and Operations Manufacturing Marketing Sales

8.8/10

From the start everyone was nice and friendly making me feel welcome. I got to gain skills in areas other than just in marketing which will be beneficial in the future.

From the start I was invited on nights out and gained more responsibilities as I went through the year.

To begin with I was on a structured training programme getting time in each of the departments top see what they do which included time on the shop floor and warehouse. Throughout the year if I had any problems then I could easily ask my manager for support.

As it is a small department there were always tasks to do supporting not only the department but other departments on the site and sales representatives from all over the whole of the region.

As the year went on I gained more responsibilities for example at the beginning I supported a member of the department with some training and as time went on I did training on my own. I liked the fact I was given tasks to do myself but knew that when needed there was always someone who would help me if I was struggling with it.

I have gained skills in marketing, stock management and product management which will help me both in my final year of uni and whilst looking for jobs after my degree. Also gained skills in organisation by making sure tasks were done in time and requests were dealt with efficiently. I communicated via phone and email with colleagues all over the emea region as well as in the American side of the business which Is a skill I will be able to use in the future.

Everyone got on with each other and could have a laugh as well as being hardworking Getting their job done

There was not only the training on the site I was based at but I also travelled ton the head office for a company induction. There was also organised tasks which I did with the other students throughout the placement as well as regular phone calls with the other students.

I was given a lot of training in all areas of the supplies business to gain a good understanding of the way things worked at the beginning of the placement as well as training in areas throughout the placement

If there was a opportunity after university I would apply to go back as they are a good company to work for.

The other students were based in the head office and I was the only one in the preston office, I travelled down a couple of times to the head office and was able to arrange a meal out with them but this was limited.

I was already a student in preston and the price of living and socialising is reasonably priced compared to other cities.

There are lots of pubs and bars

Had regular nights out with colleagues, I also got involved with company charity events outside of work.