1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my work over the placement year. I was given a lot of responsibility and oversaw a lot of ongoing tasks. This kept me invested in the job over the year. Outside of my regular responsibilities we also had interesting student projects which allowed us to gain experience outside of our normal job role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the office was very friendly and was always willing to help. I always felt like a full-time employee of the company and not just a placement student.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was always very helpful and supportive, he would always find time to discuss any issues I was having. The HR team was also very supportive especially when it came to completing my dissertation research.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had work to complete each day, I had upcoming events that I always needed to plan for. I never felt that my work day was dragging at all.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As my team was very small I was given a lot of responsibility over my role, my manager trusted me to carry out the role without needing to micro manage. I was trusted to complete my work on my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a lot of valuable skills over my placement year which will greatly help me after uni when I'm in full-time work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere of the office was very friendly. Everyone was willing to help with any queries. Everyone was very friendly all around.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement was very well organised with clear roles and additional student projects.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had regular meetings with my manager to discuss my training and development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects are very appealing with the organisation depending on the availability of the marketing team
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The placement scheme has now increased but there was a very good social scene with the 3 other students. We were introduced and as 3 of us were relocating we were able to rent a house together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was very affordable, we decided to live in Reading and commute to bourne end which doesn't take long at all.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In Reading there was a reasonable nightlife but the best venue was only for Reading uni students.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There wasn't a lot of opportunities outside of work but this may be due to living in Reading