Sales Operations Analyst at Zebra Technologies

Bourne End South West
Business Analytics Computer and Systems Engineering Information Technology Mathematics/Statistics

8.1/10

6.5

Very interesting and enjoyable placement - had the chance to travel internationally, be an important member of large global projects, and use my own ideas and methods to solve problems

As a placement student I was valued as if I was a permanent employee, and was an important part of the projects that I was working on. Therefore, I felt valued by the company and my colleagues due to the impact that the projects I was working on had.

During the placement, I was given excellent support and guidance by my manager.

Whilst the job had certain tasks that need to be completed every day, the continuous involvement in multiple different projects at any time means that there is a range of different work to be doing all of the time, meaning that I was never bored during a working day. The amount of different projects meant that the work I was doing varied all of the time, and brand new tasks and challenges arose all of the time, keeping the work exciting.

I was an important part of projects that effected the company globally, and therefore had a lot of responsibility in my role. I had the opportunity to suggest and develop new ideas on any projects that I was working on, but did not feel out of my depth at any point due to the support available from colleagues.

Both from an academic and personal point of view, the skills I have learnt in this placement have hugely helped with my professional development, and the work in the final year of my degree.

The layout of the office meant that it was easy to communicate with colleagues within the team, meaning that there was always a lively atmosphere around the office.

The placement was well organised from start to finish.

I was supported in the use and development of new ideas, assisting greatly with my professional development. I gained hugely from the international travel in the placement from both a personal and professional point of view, and therefore feel the company invested in my development.