1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very interesting and enjoyable placement - had the chance to travel internationally, be an important member of large global projects, and use my own ideas and methods to solve problems
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As a placement student I was valued as if I was a permanent employee, and was an important part of the projects that I was working on. Therefore, I felt valued by the company and my colleagues due to the impact that the projects I was working on had.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
During the placement, I was given excellent support and guidance by my manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Whilst the job had certain tasks that need to be completed every day, the continuous involvement in multiple different projects at any time means that there is a range of different work to be doing all of the time, meaning that I was never bored during a working day. The amount of different projects meant that the work I was doing varied all of the time, and brand new tasks and challenges arose all of the time, keeping the work exciting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was an important part of projects that effected the company globally, and therefore had a lot of responsibility in my role. I had the opportunity to suggest and develop new ideas on any projects that I was working on, but did not feel out of my depth at any point due to the support available from colleagues.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Both from an academic and personal point of view, the skills I have learnt in this placement have hugely helped with my professional development, and the work in the final year of my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The layout of the office meant that it was easy to communicate with colleagues within the team, meaning that there was always a lively atmosphere around the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised from start to finish.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was supported in the use and development of new ideas, assisting greatly with my professional development. I gained hugely from the international travel in the placement from both a personal and professional point of view, and therefore feel the company invested in my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?