Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
My role is to help in the client teams with day-to-day work and finish one independent research project in actuarial industry.
I have further developed communication skills, coping with hard deadlines, organising, and dealing with large data set. The thing I want to mention the most is communication skills. I got to talk to so many people in the company and it is wonderful to listen to others' stories about how they got in the actuarial business.
I have been given much responsibilities during my internship. Even I am only an intern and will leave in eight weeks. My colleagues will spend lots of time to chat me through the work and encourage me to ask any questions I have.
Support & Guidance
I have been assigned two buddies the first day I arrived in the office and they have been really helpful. They talked me through everything I need to know in the company. I also have a people manager, I will have weekly catch-up with him about what's going on in work. The colleagues are helpful as well.
While working in Hymans Robertson, the environment has been wonderful and encouraging. I am kindly welcomed by the colleagues the first day I arrived in the office, and they couldn’t be more helpful during the whole internship. Whenever I had questions, there are always someone to ask, and they would generously offer their help no matter how simple your questions are. People are willing to chat me through big piece of work even I am only here for 8 weeks, and it took them longer to explain.
I had a good time joining in the social events held in the company, from the Hymans Robertson summer party to the pizza & drinks night. I had a really good time in these events, I got to meet all the people in the company, not just people from Actuarial Private section. And through talking with these people about what they do in work really gave me a better understanding about the company. I got the opportunity to build an open and genuine relationships with colleagues.
There is nothing to be afraid of! The atmosphere of the interview process is chill and friendly. They just want to see the best of you! So just relax and be yourself.
Internship (1 Month+)