Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
Working on my project, the client update, charity challenge and any other smaller pieces of work such as research for different pillars, writing proposals and making slides for client meetings. Going to internal and client meetings and learning about actuarial concepts.
I had only done a very basic course in excel so this internship has really developed my excel skills as I have been using much more advanced features. The internship has also given me a chance to use my communication, collaboration and organisation skills.
Yes, I was responsible for parts of larger projects, such as in the longevity survey, as well as being responsible for smaller pieces of work such as the client and market updates and P&C research. I was also responsible for presenting some of the work I had done to the team and clients.
Support & Guidance
I always felt as though I could ask someone for help if I didn't know what I was doing, so I have felt supported throughout my internship. I was also able to ask lots of questions about the background to the work I was doing as well as just working independently on part of a project. I was given an overview of all the different pillars in the department and what happens in each.
Everyone was very approachable and open to answering questions. I felt as though my contributions were valued, even though I was only an intern, and that I was part of the team.
I really enjoyed the internship! It has definitely confirmed my choice of career.
Find out about the industry and what Hymans Robertson do beforehand so you can apply for what you are most interested in and get the most out of your internship.
Internship (1 Month+)