Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
Helping across 5 pillars: Longevity, P&C, Investment&ALM, Risk&Capital and Products. Working on chargeable and proposition development/prospecting work. Participating in calls (both client and team based), working on projects at every stage of their lifecycle and collaborating with team members.
I have learnt key communication skills through chairing calls and providing announcements on team meetings while also participating in client calls. I have developed Excel skills and learnt a new software; Microsoft Access. I have also learnt key industry knowledge with topical issues like Solvency II and SDR.
Yes, I was tasked with drafting an article to be published on the company's website, I was also given responsibilities on key prospecting tasks and trusted to handle large data sets.
Support & Guidance
Initially lots and as you become more comfortable/self-sufficient the support becomes more distanced, this makes you realise the progress and development you have achieved over the 8 week period.
Everyone is very friendly and supportive, but still delegate you enough responsibility that you feel as if you are making an impact and helping day-to-day operations. The general atmosphere is light-hearted and friendly.
I enjoyed my placement a lot, I would say it exceeded my expectations. I was specifically surprised at how nice everyone was and how friendly the culture was.
There is a big emphasis on you as a person as opposed to solely focusing on technical skills, you should make a conscious effort to communicate well and be friendly, this will align with the culture.
Internship (1 Month+)