Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
As a summer intern I was assigned a project to work on and present on the final week. I was also assigned to a couple of clients' teams, where I supported the analysts with certain tasks. On a day-to-day basis I worked on my project, client team work and occasionally, I will take on some extra work, specifically in Responsible Investment.
I have certainly developed technical skills, ranging from excel to technical knowledge of the investment consultancy industry. I have also developed my interpersonal skills, by working with different people at the firm
Throughout the internship, I had the opportunity to take on responsibility. For instance, I was responsible for developing ideas for relevant and urgent tasks for my client team. I also believe I was given a certain level of initiative with how I wanted to develop the project.
Support & Guidance
I received a good amount of support from many people at the firm. Everyone was willing to spare some time to help me out.
Everyone at the firm was very welcoming and inclusive. It never felt like an overly hierarchical atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the firm.
Make sure you are aware of the work and culture at Hymans. Always ask questions, because that is how you will get answers and people are more than happy to help.
Internship (1 Month+)