Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
Day to day I worked on a variety of actuarial work including, funding updates, calculating transfer values and some accounting work. This was done using different programs developed by Hymans and on excel. This was alongside working on my intern project.
I have developed my technical skills a lot due to being involved in some complex pieces of work requiring an understanding of actuarial work. I have also developed my communication skills due to the a large amount of contact with other employees at the firm, both through being taught by them and working along side them.
Yes I was involved in some pieces of work that needed to be urgently. I was also involved in checking other people's work not just doing.
Support & Guidance
Loads of support was provided and it was very easy to ask for help when I was unsure of what to do.
The company culture was very relaxed and everyone was easy to approach and talk to. There were a few socials during my time here that were a lot of fun.
I had a great time at Hymans Robertson due to the interesting nature of the work and the friendliness of everyone working there.
Don't worry if you are not too sure what an actuarial roll would look like here as there is plenty of training done in your first week here.
Internship (1 Month+)