Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
I worked as part of various client teams and was Involved in areas such as DC Governance and DC Investment. I was given real work to complete and attended client meetings. I also worked on an internship project that has real value to the team. At the end of the internship I prepared a presentation on this project and presented in front of a few members of the team.
I have developed my excel skills through different kinds of client work and through working on my project. I have felt my confidence increase as I worked in different areas in the team and gained more experience. I have developed my time management skills by working with various client teams alongside completing my internship project as it is your responsibility to plan time for your project.
I worked on real client teams and was given real work with actual deadlines. It was up to me to manage the work I was given and prioritise as needed as if deadlines were missed it would reflect poorly on myself and Hymans Robertson. The internship project I completed had real value to the team and was being used by the team before I finished my internship.
Support & Guidance
I had both a people manager and a buddy. I had regular catch ups with my people manager and knew who to go to if I had an issue. For my project I had an analyst that I worked with and asked questions if needed. When work was allocated to me it was always explained to me through an email or teams meeting and I was able to send questions if I needed.
Members of the team made an effort to be in the office and chat with me to make me feel welcome. There were multiple occasions of free lunch provided by Hymans. I did not have many interactions with interns in the other departments but plenty of interaction with the team.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hymans Robertson. I have been able to apply the skills I have learned at university in a real world environment while being supported by the DC team. I have learned and developed new and existing skills and have been provided useful feedback across the internship. I was given real work to complete that had a tangible importance to Hymans.
Knowledge if the investment market is extremely useful. As is experience and knowledge of microsoft office. You don't have to be a pensions expert to apply as long as you are willing to learn you will be fine. Numerical skills are important. As there is a presentation at the end of the internship so are presentation skills.
Internship (1 Month+)
Actuary, Business Management