Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Hymans Robertson
- 7. Would you recommend Hymans Robertson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Hymans Robertson
This internship required me to work within client teams and assist with both technical and ad-hoc tasks. This includes using excel and different technology to run calculations, regular meetings with colleagues to assist with tasks, creating spreadsheets and drafting reports. The internship also requires you to work on an individual project that will be of value to the team.
I have definitely improved my verbal and written communication skills as the job requires you to be in contact with team members through email and face-to-face. Improved my organisational skills as I had to prioritise tasks. I have learned to use my initiative to follow up on the progress of tasks and updating things without being asked. I have developed my attention to detail when working with large data sets or checking calculations.
I feel that I was given an appropriate amount of responsibility during the internship. I never felt stressed or swamped with too much work/responsibility but I was definitely given tasks that had to be completed in a quick turnaround, and given complete ownership of a few tasks.
Support & Guidance
I was able to ask loads of questions. The team wee really helpful and happy to provide as much support as was needed.
The company culture was great, everyone was so welcoming. There were plenty of socials and team building days during the internship. The office is a warm and friendly environment.
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at Hymans. I have met lots of lovely people and learned a lot more about what being an actuary entails. I have also developed many interpersonal and analytical skills.
Be really confident and do lots of background research about what the firm and the role of an actuary.
Internship (1 Month+)