Engineering internship for Jet engine repair facility
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement is hard work but rewarding, it provides loots of learning opportunities and gave a unique insight into repair engineering in a aviation setting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Interns are given responsibility with tasks and have the freedom to identify and complete their own projects along with their daily responsibilities.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Each intern is assigned a mentor who guides you through the year. The mentor and the intern committee can support you with technical questions and with any problems you have during the internship. I partook in lots of out of work activities which made me feel welcomed into the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days are more busy than others but as a whole my internship was fast paced and busy which is the work style I enjoy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
given a good level of responsibility with daily tasks and projects. projects were over signed to prevent any problems.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The wide ranging soft and technical skills learnt on placement have assisted greatly in my studies and helped me to improve as a person.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the office was fun and everyone was willing to help with any problems while also being professional and maintaining a good working environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the internship was well organised with a clear curriculum and goals thorughout.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company provided lots of training sessions about the site and the technical and business knowledge around aviation.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
employment within the company is appealing and there is a wide range of jobs that are available.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are many interns which creates a nice atmosphere for social occasions.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the cost was relatively low for city living as Wales has fairly cheap rents and low cost of living.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nightlife is good with lots of venues and many university students around.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
the company allows interns to partake in volunteering and STEM based activities.