Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GE Aerospace
- 7. Would you recommend GE Aerospace to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GE Aerospace
Working in the cyber security team across the different departments. Main role was managing and responding to incidents.
Siem tool management DLP software management Communicating with the wider business Strong presentation skills Role based access Restricting user access and implementing exceptions to policies.
Yes, I played a key role within the team and took on additional responsibilities beyond intern tasks.
Support & Guidance
The support was excellent. My manager would have a weekly touch point to see how they could support us further. On a day to day basis, my team lead and line manager would always be available for any issues I may have had.
The company as a whole was fantastic at showing its appreciation to the employees. The intern committee would have benefited from having a 'social sec' who could organise more intern events and the ordering of hoodies etc.
Yes i did. I had a fantastic time at GE and thourghly enjoyed learning the applications of my university course in an industry setting.
Make sure to research what each specific site does. E.g. if you are applying to Cheltenham it'll be favourable to learn what work Cheltenham does.
Placement (10 Months+)