Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GE Aerospace
- 7. Would you recommend GE Aerospace to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GE Aerospace
Prepping morning report to show previous day figures. Looking after email imbox and completing various imports by preparing clearance instructions to brokers with instructions how good arriving to GE should be cleared through customs making sure that all HMRC regulations are followed. Working on monthly reports for exports and imports, filling in trackers with relevant information and preparing for meeting to explain findings. Investigating and approving/declining invoices that brokers charging business. Leading morning meetings with the team and snr. leadership
I learned a lot about imports, I had no previous experience in this fields. Gained knowledge about business structure and operations. I enhanced my existing skills even further (professional communication, problem solve, analytical, attention to detail).
Not really, I was working on basic things, but I have show interest in taking more responsibilities, therefore I was insisting on other showing me more and giving me more responsibilities which then was given to me after seeing that I understand process and can progress further. Job requires strong attention to detail skill since this job relates money therefore attention to detail is crucial skill
Support & Guidance
There was a plenty of support during the year, everyone very helpful and friendly. Helping all the time and encouraging to ask questions if needed. Everyone very supportive not just my local team but others as well within the business.
Very friendly and supportive.
I did enjoyed very much, atmosphere in the business is really excellent, working hours are very enjoyable. It is a really good company to join for a placement year
Read about company before/after applying. Understand their values and get ready for the interview
Placement (10 Months+)
Logistics and Operations