Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GE Aerospace
- 7. Would you recommend GE Aerospace to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GE Aerospace
This role was a generalist role which gives you exposure to all aspects of HR including employee relations, HR admin tasks, business strategy and employee engagement.
Yes, I have developed a wide range of skills and a solid base knowledge of the entire HRM function.
Yes, I was treated like a member of the HR team rather than just an intern and had a lot of involvement within my team.
Support & Guidance
Throughout my placement year, I had a strong support network from all levels of management. I was coached and supported by every member of the HR team and had weekly one to one's to track my progress.
The company atmosphere was very close nit and friendly, with the level of closeness that you'd expect from a smaller organisation. All levels of the business worked well together and you were able to seek support from anyone in the organisation, regardless of their business status.
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year. The team made it a fantastic experience and I maintain friendships with everyone I worked with. Its given me a solid basis for my current role and more exposure than I would have ever expected from an internship role.
Focus on how your values align with the values and aspirations of the company and the particular site.
Placement (10 Months+)