Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GE Aerospace
- 7. Would you recommend GE Aerospace to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GE Aerospace
I would have to have a catchup meeting everyday at 9am with my People Manager and either continue on a long standing task or start on a new Problem Report when my technical lead instructed me
I've developed more technical Assembly skills, a lot more critical thinking skills and organisational skills
I was the only software engineer working on a very important piece of hardware
Support & Guidance
I was given support and help with the coding, but I didn't have anyone who properly knew how it worked to ask and I was stuck learning everything by myself
It was very friendly and welcoming, everyone always willing to help with anything I needed
I enjoyed it a lot as I had friends who were other interns there socialise after work and the work was fun but challenging
Don't be afraid to ask for more work or diversify your work, you're an intern and need to be exploring everything
Placement (10 Months+)