Student Intern at Schlumberger

Southampton and Oslo Europe
Energy Engineering

9.3/10

8.6

Great people, the projects are very interesting and you get real responsibilities on the job.

At Schlumberger everyone is treated equally, no matter how young/inexperienced you may be.

Managers and supervisors are very approachable, as well as the rest of the team. It is generally very easy to ask questions and get help.

It depends on the duration of the placement. I felt that my year-long placement with SLB was less intense than my summer placement, always with SLB. Either way, it never gets boring and there is a lot to learn.

A lot! The more proactive you are, the more responsibilities you get given. I was entirely responsible for my projects, however I had help and guidance if needed.

Training at SLB is a major thing, you are trained on technical and non-technical things. It helps you develop new skills and raise your awareness on others. Other skills that I feel SLB has helped me develop include, but are not limited to, team-working, time management, experimental skills and engineering design.

Very friendly and open-minded. People outside your team are also happy to help at any time.

Both the HR and engineering departments were very organised, both in terms of logistics (e.g. relocating to the new city) and training/project work.

As said previously, training is really good at SLB.

Schlumberger is definitely a great way to fast-track your career as soon as you graduate!

Yes! All the interns were very social and there was never a time to be bored or lonely.

My placement in the UK was fine, Norway was very expensive. However, the salary was scaled to the different living costs.

Full of events for students!

You can join a gym, a social club or anything really. It depends on what you like.