Student Research Intern at Schlumberger

Cambridge East Midlands
Science/Research

7.9/10

7.4

Assisting Supervisor with research in fluids and materials.

My internship at Schlumberger was great! I got to learn a lot which I wouldn't have normally been able to in a university lab setting. It was definitely a steep learning curve, but my supervisor was extremely helpful and every aspect of the job was interesting!

There is a very tight knit community at Schlumberger. It's the kind of place where everyone is very approachable and helpful. It was also very motivating to see my work being valuable in the company.

A good work-life balance! I had enough work on a daily basis to keep me busy and motivated, without feeling overwhelmed or stressed out. Moreover, all the colleagues are helpful and understanding.

I learned a lot during my placement, from how industrial research works to practical lab skills. Definitely skills for life!

Very vibrant, with always new science and research to talk about. There were lots of webinars, talks and peer reviews. Colleagues were always open and encouraging and throughout the year there were lots of fun events!

It was very well organised, in the first few weeks I was trained by the out-going intern which was very helpful.

I would love the opportunity to be able to work for Schlumberger again! The research carried out here is fantastic and everyone seems to enjoy what they do here. It is just such a positive and vibrant workplace.

There were lots of different sports clubs from tennis to badminton and volleyball. We also used to play cards during lunch break which was extremely fun!

Much cheaper than London, but definitely still expensive as Cambridge is still a student city.