1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed the placement in Schlumberger. I have learned a lot, and the working environment is very good.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All the colleagues are very friendly and supportive. My fellow interns are all very nice, we spent a nice year together.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor has helped me a lot. He is very nice and knowledgable. He took good care of me and I have learned a lot from him.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been busy during the first 9 months of my internship and I have really enjoyed it. But my last month has been a bit boring due to the coronavirus lockdown. Overall, I think the balance is very good.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I did a lot of experiments and data analysis on my own, which I am very proud of. I am very glad that I got to do so many work on my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the skills would definitely help my future career. I have gained more insignt into industrial research, and I have developed a lot of professional skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very good, we concentrate when we have to work and we have a lot of fun during breaks.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship is very well structured and I have learned a lot from the start to the end.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company has trained me to perform a lot of analytical equipments. I was given a thoughough training on HSE as well. The company even provided a career session at the end of my internship, which I find really helpful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely love to come back as a permanent emploee if I have the chance.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The accomodation is a bit expensive, but all the others are fine,
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?