Intern at Schlumberger

Placement (5-9 Months)
Stonehouse South West
Engineering

7.5/10

Curvature estimation from rotary steerable system collar magnet sensors

Very interesting technology; the team was amazing. Met some really nice people there and improved a lot in my technical skills

I was a part of the team from day 1. They always listened to what I had to say and they trusted me to do the work without checking everything. Everyone was very respectful, with me or with anyone else.

Everytime I needed something my supervisors were always here to help me or guide me to someone who could if they did not have the answer. They never left me strugle for nothing

There were ups and downs, and I had a specific job during my internship which means that sometimes I did some repetitive tasks, but overall they were busy days

I was the only one to work on this subject, though with the help of my team, and if I did not ask for help they left me to it, trusting me to do the necessary work. It felt really ggod especially at the end when I presented my work.

Machine learning and automation are the fields I want to work in, and it was precisely the skills that I developped during my internship, so it helped me a lot.

Great atmosphere, a very lively open space and an always busy coffee machine.

My supervisor did not anticipate that the necessary steps to have all the softwares for me to start working would take so long, but it gave me the time to read everything I could to understand the field and the technology.

I could assist to a lot of presentation and knowledge sharing about a lot of technologies, and I had a lot of trainings especially about safety in the workplace.

Very appealing. They really demonstrated through events or meetings that their propects were really interesting

I started on the same day as a student from another university, and through the internship other interns came along, and it was great

Bristol is an expensive place to live, but there are amny other options depending on what you are looking for.

Bristol has a strong nightlife, there is always a festival or something to do in the evening, and some coworkers are specialists at finding out what there is to do.

As much as a city as big as Bristol can provide