Curvature estimation from rotary steerable system collar magnet sensors
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very interesting technology; the team was amazing. Met some really nice people there and improved a lot in my technical skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was a part of the team from day 1. They always listened to what I had to say and they trusted me to do the work without checking everything. Everyone was very respectful, with me or with anyone else.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everytime I needed something my supervisors were always here to help me or guide me to someone who could if they did not have the answer. They never left me strugle for nothing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were ups and downs, and I had a specific job during my internship which means that sometimes I did some repetitive tasks, but overall they were busy days
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was the only one to work on this subject, though with the help of my team, and if I did not ask for help they left me to it, trusting me to do the necessary work. It felt really ggod especially at the end when I presented my work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Machine learning and automation are the fields I want to work in, and it was precisely the skills that I developped during my internship, so it helped me a lot.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere, a very lively open space and an always busy coffee machine.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My supervisor did not anticipate that the necessary steps to have all the softwares for me to start working would take so long, but it gave me the time to read everything I could to understand the field and the technology.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I could assist to a lot of presentation and knowledge sharing about a lot of technologies, and I had a lot of trainings especially about safety in the workplace.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. They really demonstrated through events or meetings that their propects were really interesting
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I started on the same day as a student from another university, and through the internship other interns came along, and it was great
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Bristol is an expensive place to live, but there are amny other options depending on what you are looking for.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Bristol has a strong nightlife, there is always a festival or something to do in the evening, and some coworkers are specialists at finding out what there is to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?