I was given a task where I had to create different concepts and I performed validation tests for the concept I found most suited for the task, followed by a report where I documented my findings.
Report this review
- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Challenging, Helpful colleagues, Good guidance, Interesting.
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Helpful, listened to all of my presentations.
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was great.
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
I liked that I could manage my own time.
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Ran my own project
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I got to follow a project from the concept phase to testing the product and writing the report.
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Used their time to explain the issue I were going to solve, and spent time helping me during my internship.
- What were the perks on your work placement?
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will become an employee at Schlumberger in 2013
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?