Sotware Engineer Intern at Schlumberger

Abingdon North West
Computer and Systems Engineering

6.8/10

5.5

I enjoyed it, I learned a lot. People were great.

My colleagues were nice, always ready to help and give me some piece of advice. We could discuss easily, at lunch for example.

I was able to describe my situation in regular team meetings, and also where I was heading. During these meetings, my manager was able to redirect me, or unlock some situation for me.

I had often a good balance, but sometimes I was a bit bored, either because I had to wait for something like downloading, compiling, etc., or because it didn't know what to do next.

I was giving some choices about what I was working on. I also had some autonomy. And my ideas were wanted.

I learned a lot in different fields : pure software development, but also GPU, how to handle a large codebase...
So mostly experience.

It was quite serious during the day, but people liked to have a good time during lunch break.