UK&I Distribution at HP Inc

Reading South West
Administration/Secretarial Financial Management Human Resources Market Research Marketing

6.1/10

5.3

I enjoyed my work placement internship as I learnt a lot of valuable life lessons. I learnt about the world of work and the running's of a large corporate business.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

I felt valued by my intern colleagues - we worked together at work but also formed friendships outside the work place.

I was given good support, advise and guidance by my manager and team. If I had a problem there was always someone at HP I could talk too.

My timetable varied - some days I would have a lot of work to do and other times not as much. However in this time I completed my university work.

I was given some responsibility whilst on my placement year but this varied between each intern and the role they had.

I developed personal skills and life skills whilst being on my placement year. These skills will help me throughout life and beyond my studies.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

The office atmosphere was quiet relaxed day to day however when there was an event on there was a real buzz in the office.

The HP internship was well organised and HP and the old interns made you feel very welcome. Everything was covered in the first month to set you up for the next 12 months.

HP value the interns that join year on year and recruit a lot of them as graduates.

HP is a great company and have very attractive future employment opportunities however it is very competitive.

The social aspect of m placement year has been the most attractive. The first month is crucial for finding your feet and friends.

The area of Bracknell and Reading as well as working in London is very expensive.

The nighlife in Reading is the same as any other small student town. There are lots of resturants, bars and pubs but only 3 clubs.

There are opportunities to get involved with outside of work however you have to find and seek these out for yourself.