Business Executive Support Intern at HP Inc

Administration/Secretarial Business Management

9.2/10

Core responsibilities are to support the Managing Director for the UK&I, his Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant.

Really enjoyed my placement, multiple opportunities to develop new and existing skills. Very good support network in place with work buddy, manager and mentor as well as everyone else being ready to help! Amazing culture with work-life balance and positive environment at work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

I felt extremely valued as an individual and I felt like my work was appreciated. At HP they want to hear from us and all our insights about the emerging trends in our generation. Interns as seen as a important members of the team.

At HP we have a handover month with the previous years interns so I had a lot of guidance at the start of the internship. After that we are left on our own to find our feet and learn on the job but there is always support there may we need to reach out and managers will provide regular feedback.

I was very busy on a daily basis due to the nature of my role. I see this as a good thing as I worked on a variety of different projects with a variety of different teams. It is great testament to how Interns at HP do real and respected jobs.

I was very please with how much responsibility I was given at HP. There was never a moment where I had nothing to do or where I felt the work I was doing was irrelevant. Interns at HP have a variety of tasks that they are fully responsible for and they are vital for the running of the business.

My job at HP has equipped me with many transferable skills that I know will help me in my final year of studies as well as in my future career. Working at a big corporate has taught me a lot about office etiquette and dealing with executives but at the same time how much fun work can be!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

The atmosphere in my great, I was very lucky to be placed in the sales office in London where I got to see new people everyday and be in the middle of all the action.

The placement scheme is very well set-up, we have a clear schedule for the first month and then personal development goals and expectations set by ourselves and managers. We have an Intern Co-ordinator that we can go to with any issues/questions we may have.

The company provides many development tools like online training in a number of different areas, charity fundraising and volunteering challenges as well as off-site events but it is really up-to-us to take advantage of these.

While there is not a long-time tested graduate scheme running in the business there is definitely the opportunity to receive job offers through networking. The IT business is dynamic and ever-changing so opportunities are always emerging. HP definitely use placements to recruit talent.

There were 25 interns in my year and we all got along very well. While we worked in different teams on our day-to-day jobs we worked together on charity projects and had social events throughout the year.

I decided to live in London during my placement year so I knew what to expect in terms of prices. This never stopped me from having a social life as there are all types of options in the city.

Night life in London is great and there were many opportunities to go out with work colleagues after work.

Yes there were several opportunities especially as the year went on and I got to know more people in the company.