Recruiting Coordination Intern at Schlumberger

Placement (5-9 Months)
Gatwick airport Greater London
Marketing Recruitment

8.5/10

I enjoyed my placement very much. I saw a lot of different sides of the company and gather great experience as a result.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Schlumberger

My colleagues were very supportive, which made my job a lot easier. No question was too silly and you could always chat to someone if you needed any help.

My manager was very supportive and thought me a great deal.

It truly depends on the day and the period, generally I would say I was busy handling communication with external suppliers and also some internal communications.

I was trusted with very important tasks from the very beginning. After I had had my on-boarding (week 1) I was assigned an independent project, which I had 2 months to complete. Even though it seemed impossible at the start with the support of my colleagues it was a great success at the end.

I got to see the theory that I had explored in university in practice. It was definitely a valuable experience. I would recommend applying at Schlumberger.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Schlumberger

It is a great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and approachable.

The internship was very organised with well defined responsibilities and tasks, both short and long term.

Schlumberger demands all of its employees to go through certain training at the beginning of the employment. The company also has a good learning platform, where you can complete additional training and certifications.

Schlumberger values its interns and they put a great emphasis on talent development and promoting from within. This means that as a former intern you will have an advantage to people who are applying for the first time.

There were four other interns at the location I was based at so we socialized quite a lot.

I lived in London so it was quite expensive (considering the prices of train tickets), but some of the interns lived in Three Bridges, which was a better option in terms of spending money on transportation.

The office is in proximity to London so the the nightlife is pretty good.

There were a couple of thematic events in the office. Such as 'Fitness Day', which featured a variety of mini activities. We got the chance to play Wii; go to the office gym during lunch hours. You could enter a variety of competitions and win variety of prizes such as fitbit and protein shakers.