1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Would have liked to do more active/physical work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was not a crucial part of operations but I helped out where I could.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was generally given support and guidance when I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I rarely had idle moments.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a task which needed doing, and a time frame of doing it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I see no general correlation between the studies I am enrolled in and the work I've done here besides the terminology.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Stressed near deadlines but calm and friendly otherwise
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
At first I found it chaotic, and it felt like a last minute setup - but as the weeks progressed I started seeing the plan. Suggestion for improvement: Have the tasks and goals written out, as interns may be unfamiliar with the terminology and software.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I generally had to take responsibility to seek out training myself, but I generally got the training necessary when I did so.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, but I think I would work in a different segment
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Colleagues were willing to take me along to sports, and the other interns were very likeable.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Generally very affordable, although the gyms were expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
More or less non-existent, but this was never a major issue.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there was. Please see the question on social scene.