Year in Industry Placement Student at Network Rail

Swindon South West
Administration/Secretarial Electronic and Electrical Engineering Engineering Information Technology Mechanical Engineering

6.7/10

2.8

Absorb as much knowledge as is humanly possible.

Some more than others if i am brutally honest.

You get out what you put in. I was given the freedom to control my own experiance and workload. Obviously there are times when there can be a bit little or a bit much but that is to be expected - it's not a bad thing.

More as the placement progressed.

This is by far the most important part of the placement in my opinion. I am now totally focussed on getting the best out of my degree course; having seen exactly why i want it. This year game me perspective which I previously lacked - and it paid quite well...

Quiet with the occasional quality conversation.

It's still early days - there are a lot of improvements to make

Any training I found and requested was granted - I can't possibly complain. My line manager was fantastic.

Depending on the role I can come back and take on, I am likely to return.

With fellow placement students it was good but the vast Geograohical difference with where we were all working made it difficult - 6 of us spanning from London to Plymouth

Cost of living is reasonable, socialising is virtually impossible.

Swindon - need i say more?

If the company wants to expand the YII program it is very important they address this. It could be as simple as just telling people to get on and do teambuilding activities. The rare events were actually very good though.