Review of Marketing activities on multiple Multinational Corporation Company accounts and approving reimbursements. Processing payments and audits for multiple Retailers in a rebate system.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
When looking back, I can say that the placement has been a joy. It was far removed from what I presumed a placement would be like.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Students within NR are well treated and always never overlooked.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are given advice in the areas that you can improve in and receive scheduled reviews each month to help guide you towards a job offer.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Working in support, workload varied greatly at times.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From week one, you are given a large amount of responsibility. In my case, I took over an important job that was previously being performed by a full time employee.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Doing the placement year helped me to decide what to study in my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a relaxed atmosphere with good people around me.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Network Rail employs a dedicated graduate and industry placement coordinator who takes charge of your development and work schedule, so that you can be moved around if you are unhappy with what you are doing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company is happy to send you on training days and every month there is a review and one-to-one which focuses on your development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Extremely good employment prospects - many people within the company have started out as placement students. I got a job offer for when I finish University.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Manchester is much cheaper than London for going out, but it is still a major city so it is understandably what one might expect of city prices.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in Manchester is good and the placement is quite central, so if you are living nearby, there is plenty of places to go out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are so many different people within the company that you will always find someone who has an interesting hobby that you can join in with.