Marketing Intern at Network Rail

Manchester North West
Marketing Market Research

8.2/10

Review of Marketing activities on multiple Multinational Corporation Company accounts and approving reimbursements. Processing payments and audits for multiple Retailers in a rebate system.

When looking back, I can say that the placement has been a joy. It was far removed from what I presumed a placement would be like.

Students within NR are well treated and always never overlooked.

You are given advice in the areas that you can improve in and receive scheduled reviews each month to help guide you towards a job offer.

Working in support, workload varied greatly at times.

From week one, you are given a large amount of responsibility. In my case, I took over an important job that was previously being performed by a full time employee.

Doing the placement year helped me to decide what to study in my final year.

It was a relaxed atmosphere with good people around me.

Network Rail employs a dedicated graduate and industry placement coordinator who takes charge of your development and work schedule, so that you can be moved around if you are unhappy with what you are doing.

The company is happy to send you on training days and every month there is a review and one-to-one which focuses on your development.

Extremely good employment prospects - many people within the company have started out as placement students. I got a job offer for when I finish University.

Very good social scene.

Manchester is much cheaper than London for going out, but it is still a major city so it is understandably what one might expect of city prices.

The nightlife in Manchester is good and the placement is quite central, so if you are living nearby, there is plenty of places to go out.

There are so many different people within the company that you will always find someone who has an interesting hobby that you can join in with.