Customer Service Account Representative at Cummins

Darlington North East
Customer Service

Cummins is a Top Employer

7.7/10

In my role as a Customer Service Account Representative I work within a busy department which involves a close working partnership with Darlington engine plant’s customers, through the understanding of their needs and requirements and representing these within the manufacturing environment. It is my responsibility to communicate with the customer and work with them to forecast orders, place new orders, monitor the build of engines and to ensure transport is booked in line with promise dates we give to our customers. In order to do this I use a number of systems and database and to ensure all runs smoothly it involves working closely with other departments. Along side these responsibilities, I am also responsible for importing engines from around the world and producing reports daily, weekly and monthly to be issued in Plant briefings and to various departments.

On top of my role as a Customer Service Account Representative I also manage and contribute to numerous community and charity work. I am already the project leader on the Freebrough Mentoring Scheme which is aimed at students at Freebrough College who are in their final year about to take there GCSE’s who are C/D border line students. They visit the plant weekly and I hold revision sessions with them to help develop there skills and be there for them for support and guidance. I am also involved in a community project working with a major charity called Actionnaires. This involves attending their activity/sports club on a Saturday morning and helping them participate in sport. I am also leading two major charity fundraising events this year. I am already heavily involved in organising the charity Christmas card scheme and a whole plant casual clothes day. All of this roles and tasks that I am responsible for help challenge me and develop myself over the course of the year.

Very challenging role. I certainly wasn't a coffee maker

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

I felt an equal member of the team and respected

Well supported by management and colleagues to bring me up to speed and develop my skills further

Continous work loads throughout the day. Never bored. Sometimes too much to get through but that was a great challenge

A lot of responsibilty and given a lot of trust

A great experience that has given me a true insight into how a business works and has allowed me to apply some of the theory too.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

Mixed but that was hard due to redunancies which impacts the atmosphere

Well organised and a good handover was given. However nothing can be perfect because can't account for any issues that may come up

Budgets were tightened with how the economy was however I was still involved in courses where possible

I won the bursary scheme that the company offers. I have been told to keep in touch and see if any graduate jobs come up

Was mixed as we were quite a large group there are a lot of variances.

I am local to the area so have continued living with my partner throughout my course

Average for the size of the town

Many community intiatives to get involved in which I did