Investment Consultant Intern in the London office for 9 weeks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great place to work - received fun tasks that provided real value to the team
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Highly valued - colleagues showed a high interest in my development and learning.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very good guidance and support - manager and buddy were always extremely approachable and helpful throughout the internship in answering any questions and helping general understanding of the role.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied although I would say on average I was quite busy - especially towards the end of the internship.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
More towards the end of the internship as my understanding improved.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Investment consulting helped me to learn a lot about the market, macroeconomic issues, and asset management all of which are extremely useful.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A fun yet hard-working culture that I think you'd rarely find elsewhere in the finance industry. The culture of Aon is one of its best features, and I would say everyone there has the perfect balance between making it an enjoyable place to work and one that offers real development for interns.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well - the lunch and learns and social impact projects are well-organised and offer the perfect platform to improve skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Invested a good amount - the team especially invest a lot of time and effort into trying to make you feel a part of the team.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing - as I said I don't think there are many better places to work within this industry.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All students and colleagues would go for an after work drinks usually around once a week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home and traveled in - fairly expensive for a travel card in to London, whilst food and drink in the City also aren't cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Brilliant nightlife - the clubs and bars around are the best around.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were some opportunities although I would have liked to have seen more.