Technology Intern at American Express

Burgess Hill South East
Computer Science
American Express is a Top Employer

9.0/10

The 10 weeks I spent at Amex went so far above and beyond my expectations for any internship. We were given so much responsibility from day one, we were give total freedom to take the direction of our project in whichever direction we wanted, and we were given the opportunity to focus on learning whatever skills we wanted - be they hard or soft.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at American Express

My colleagues were incredible.The culture at Amex encourages you to ask questions, find help, speak to people and learn from everyone around you. As an intern, we were valued sooo highly. Nobody bat an eyelid when I asked them questions or asked them for their time. They were overjoyed to help at every opportunity.

My management and supervision was outstanding! There to help with all problems. From technical support and figuring out difficult problems, to checking up to see that I was enjoying my work, not to mention constant encouragement and support.

I was as busy as I wanted to be. If I wanted to spend all day working hard on my project, I could. If I wanted to spend some time learning about somebody else's job, I could. If I wanted to work on a side project, no problem! Being given this level of trust was so amazing and only encourages you to work even harder.

So much! We were totally in control of our project.

The skills I learnt from Amex are totally invaluable. The training I received taught me so many new skills that have opened so many doors for my personal interests, my degree and beyond.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at American Express

The atmosphere in the office is amazing. Everybody is friendly, supportive, chatty, enthusiastic!

The internship was extremely well organised. There were lots of events organised for us to learn as much as possible about what happens inside of the organisation.

The company invested so much in us!! We were each assigned a buddy (a graduate engineer at the company) who guided us and was there for any support that we wanted. We got given laptops for the internship, and all kinds of freebies!

Very appealing!!

The social scene was amazing. From pizzas in the office, to drinks after work to generally just hanging out all the time.

Brighton is pretty expensive

Nighlife in Brighton is so much fun!! There are so many bars, restaurants and clubs to explore

Lots of opportunities!! From drinks, to lying on the beach, to dinners and days out.