1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
With all the support and guidance from the team, I can easily say that I have
seen a lot of improvement on my performance. I am more comfortable and
more confident doing something that at the beginning seemed to be a
challenge. I am always happy to help anyone reaching out and trying to be as
active as possible.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Building upon connections, my manager gave me the opportunity to get involved in
a few projects for our site leadership team and our community involvement team. Due to these projects, I got the chance to see more of Cummins outside of our team,
gaining valuable knowledge and experience which contributes towards my development and interpersonal relationships as well that were useful for the rest of my placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
from the very fist day, my manager and the team showed me how valuable i was and how important it was to develop and learn more things. in doing so, i learned so much, increased my skill-set, and without a doubt i wouldn't be bale to do that if my team was not there.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Supporting the management of trade shows, conferences and customer events across
Europe and Middle East.
Supporting events through our suppliers for quotes, raising purchase orders,
managing event assets, merchandise and stock orders.
Various tasks involved me directly our trade shows and brought me closer to the team while giving me the opportunity to develop my skill-set
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the start of my placement i understood that i had a lot of things on my workload. This gave me the chance to explore and get in charge of tasks that helped with my leadership and organisational skills. There is nothing to measure how much responsibility i was given, but i can say that i felt i was a strong asset to the company when considering the responsibility i was given
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Doing a placement year was without a doubt the best choice i've made since i joined the university. i feel empowered going back to my course and confident. i'm sure things are going to be easier than it used to be as i gained so much from this year during my placement
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was friendly with a lot of support. you could start a conversation with anybody if you needed some help. the company values are so strong that the employees are always happy and supportive, which shows that it is a fantastic place to work with people around you that care
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
from the start my manager was always on top of things. we had a work plan for the first 6 months that was set so that i can develop my skills and we were changing stuff as we went along and adjusted it to my needs at the time. after that we tailored my plan to my interests and gave me lots of opportunities to work with people all around the company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company was always there when i was in need of help and also when i asked for training. we had training sessions at the very start of the year to make it an easy and smooth transition to the work environment after joining from university. i was given the opportunity to travel abroad and domestically numerous times to attend meetings that helped me develop and learn more about the company
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, the atmosphere was fantastic, everybody was open and up for a talk. i made connections with other placements and also full time employees. we had our social times, and there were always opportunities through our social clubs to travel and do activities with other members of the organisation
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife was quite low where i lived. i was traveling 20' to another town with the train and go out to that town. i have to say it is extremely important to have the opportunity to go out and socialize outside of the work environment, which was not limited while working for Cummins
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?