Engineer at Cummins

Mechanical Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

6.5/10

5.5

I have enjoyed time away from university. Having this placement year has made me realise what is important when applying for a job and choosing an employer.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

I have learned a great deal from my colleagues. You learn the most from listening to others.

I was given less support than I expected, however I suppose that working in the industry is different to university life and that might be the way it is.

On a daily basis I am busy. If I find that I have a lack of work to do I ask my colleagues if they have work for me to do, which 8 times out of 10 they do.

A reasonable amount.

I have learned a great deal this year. It will certainly benefit me in the future. I am 100% sure that placement is a great stepping stone to realising what part of the industry you want to go into.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

General atmosphere was that you were at work to work. I think there could have been more team bonding exercises rather than team meals.

The placement was well organized however I wish there had been more training at hand that I could have done if I wished.

The standard amount of training we were given.

Future employment prospects within the organization is possibly an option.

Not a great deal, as people were dotted over the place.

Not cheap, but not expensive.

0 - not really.

A few, not with the department.