When things are good at cummins, things are very good. When they are bad, they are very bad! Forever working under a looming threat of restructuring, means it takes the edge off the good times even when they are good.
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at CumminsView jobs now →
I felt valued by local teams and managers for the most part. I felt with contempt by the general leadership who show a latent lack of interest in developing their young people. Yes, there are financial constraints for you and i understand that, but there are still huge opportunities missed on a daily basis it felt.
I felt well supported by my teams and management.
I was completely overloaded for about 20% of the time, and had barely any work for the other 80% of the time. Rarely did i feel comfortable with my work load.
Never enough to be useful towards development.
I learnt employment can be a harsh environment. Cummins claim to champion equality and supporting their young people to develop. This is not true, and a cover up is being staged to brainwash employees to think they are genuinely cared for.
Surrounded by generally good people in my local teams and groups. The atmosphere was good for the most part.
Constant missed opportunities, poor organisation for young people means a lack of development.
See other comments. Quite frankly it was a joke, and i feel the last few years have been a waste. Please trust me, i am not some embittered former employee. I work in a performance cell, with a low budget, that has no money or interest in developing their young people.
Fundamental change required.
Its ok, depends on who your peers are here really. Cummins generally hire people to a good standard, so most people are good people. The company doesnt deserve us to be frank.
I am from the area, so it wasnt an issue.